Friday, December 05, 2008

Topshop vs. Balmain

I wonder if the economic downturn has anything to do with the delay in the opening of Topshop's store in Soho. I hate waiting! In the meantime, thank god the Topshop US website has been up for some months now. It makes the wait a little less excruciating. I was trolling the site today and found pieces quite reminiscent of Balmain's Spring '09 collection for a fraction of the price.

Being an 80s kid, I never thought I'd say the words "love" and "acid wash" in the same sentence again but here goes: I love Topshop's acid wash skinnies ($85)! I love the devil-may-care attitude they evoke, plus they would look so amazing distressed. I am also crushing on this plaid motorcyle jacket for just $90 with lines similar to that of Balmain's gorgeous leather jacket. A D.I.P. knot dress for $100 coupled with an intricately beaded Gothic collar (a whopping $120) will also evoke a Balmain-esque vibe without being a straightforward rip-off.

And yes, I had a bit too much time on my hands today to make a collage.

2 comments:

Raych said...

The collage honestly looks sooo good! I love it and I love Balmain. Oh, and I love your super sweet comment you left about me hair! I'm so glad there was such a positive response, I got nervous posting.

Anyways, how did that bra hold up a few posts down? I'm really clumsy with my bra, and when I do wear a strapless, I hate that it slips, so I always have to ask my boyfriend to yank it up in public – so embarrassing!

celine said...

Awww thanks Raych! The hair is GREAT. Seriously makes me think about chopping my hair off too now but I have a round face so I don't think it'll work ...

I haven't gotten the bra yet! Should get it within the week and will post about about it as soon as I get to try it out! Crossing my fingers. It'll be life-changing for all women if that bra works! Hahaha :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...