Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Gossip Girls were out tonight

Why must Serena's chichis be completely out there in every freakin episode? A couple of weeks ago, my friend Ludette and I were talking about how Serena is dressed way too provocatively this season. She's running around in slips, wearing too short skirts during Thanksgiving, and just letting the girls hang out all the freakin time. The memorable Herve Leger dress looked slamming on her but I was shocked to see that Jenna Jameson wore the same dress in a classier manner by keeping it at a chic knee-length. Note to stylists: when Jenna Jameson looks classier than your charge, you've got a problem.

PS: Did anyone notice that it was Olympic gold medalist Nastia Liukin chatting up Chuck at the ball? You know, the one Blair shooed away. I didn't realize it til I looked at the pics on the CW site. Odd cameo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that too. That frock is way too revealing for the character Serena's age... or maybe I'm just being an uptight "manang" but no someone has to point this out. Well, I guess no parents are bothered yet or have bothered to see what their teens' latest tube craze is (yet). One doesn't have to reveal too much skin to be fashionable. Icons like Grace Kelly, Katherine and Audrey Hepburn , and Ali McGraw didn't have to. Fashion has boundaries. Knowing those boundaries puts one in the classy/sophisticated category which every woman should aim for especially if they're up there as (moral or style) role models to many (whether they like it or not). Going overboard makes one either a try-hard, tacky, or just plain poor taste - the wearer and in Blake's case the stylist too -.

Chloe said...

"Note to stylists: when Jenna Jameson looks classier than your charge, you've got a problem. "

Hahaha! I totally agree.

celine said...

I hope their stylists wake up and de-sluttify our favorite Upper East side gals!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...