Sunday, April 11, 2010

let's do brunch: tía pol

After our incredibly fun aerial silks class, Kate and I went for brunch at Tía Pol. I normally veer towards Soho and Nolita for brunch so I didn't quite know what to expect, but we lucked out. Tía Pol is really a tapas bar, so your only seating choices are to sit at the bar or on bar tables, but since we were fresh out of a workout, this was a-okay. It was pretty roomy at around 1pm and we didn't have to wait for a table, which is always good. I felt guilty because there weren't as many vegetarian choices for Kate as I thought, but they made the revueltos del dia vegetarian for her. Since I was a little piggie and had a small french toast with caramelized strawberries for breakfast before our class, I ordered a salad at Tía Pol. But this was a pretty indulgent salad, crowned with a beautiful poached egg and sitting on a generous bed of jamon Serrano. Oh how I missed jamon during my veggie month. YUM!
I also ordered a latte, which was nice and strong. Just perfect for a lovely Sunday afternoon. After we finished our main dishes, the waitress talked us into ordering the chocolate churros which are made fresh and only on Saturdays and Sundays. Dios mio, they were good ...
Beautifully crunchy on the outside and almost custardly inside, then dipped in that thick chocolate sauce ... a damn good use of $6, for sure! After brunch, we took a walk on the High Line and sat down for an intense planning session of our upcoming road trip. The High Line is definitely pretty and I would certainly stop there for some sun and a good chat if I were in the area. But since I'm pretty spoiled these days with my proximity to Central Park, I wouldn't go out of my way to go there. Here's us posing by the little shrubs of the High Line. Kate looks super chic while I just seem to be living in athletic wear these days. You can totally tell who lives in a cool part of Brooklyn and who's resigned to living in the Upper East Side! Oh well.
Incongruous outfits aside, what a great use of a Sunday! Hope yours was great too. Let's grit our teeth and hope the workweek goes by in a jiffy! 



Tia Pol is located at 205 Tenth Avenue (between 22nd and 23rd Streets), New York, NY. Tel. (212) 675-8805

2 comments:

Kaye said...

Chocolate churros sound delicious

Celine | 30 Before 30 said...

They are!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...