Monday, February 14, 2011

xoxo

If you've been reading this blog or have known me for awhile, you'd know that I've never been Valentine's Day's biggest fan. Primarily it's because I don't like getting ripped off. The strange thing is, I'm not really bothered by Valentine's Day today. For some reason, seeing flower delivery men struggling with bouquets and extremely cheesy Valentine's Day-themed store displays made me smile. I even kinda want one of those pink cupcakes smothered in heart-shaped sprinkles. Damn, how hard did I hit my head when I went snowboarding last Saturday?

It's not because my love life is so stellar; there isn't really one to speak of, actually. But I guess it's just that I love my life right now and there's really no anger to dredge up for Hallmark and the flower and chocolate industries.

So if you're blissfully in love, I wish you a happy hearts day with the person you love. If you're not, I say have fun spoiling yourself silly today. I, for one, am looking forward to getting sloshed on wine and glutted with fried chicken and ice cream with my girlfriends tonight. I suggest you do the same! 



XOXO S'mores from Williams-Sonoma

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...