Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Brrrrr ....

Seeing a rerun of Chicago and feeling the mercury dip has got me thinking about fur. I mean just look at Catherine Zeta Jones in that scene above. She just looked SO elegant that it got me obsessing a bit.

The thing is, I'm not sure I can get up the nerve to wear fur. Last year, when I was interning at Tuleh, I was tasked one day with organizing the fur bins (verrry reminiscent of Little J being tasked with matching up a box of buttons at her internship in Gossip Girl). For a few seconds, it was actually enjoyable to run my fingers through the plush fur samples ... until I pulled up a bundle of exquisite white fur that still had the critters' heads, paws and tails on it!!! I died—and not in a Rachel Zoe way.

A cashmere silk blend cardigan with mink collar by Tuleh at Neimans.
The little minkie and I could've been friends once. Creeps!

At that moment I was convinced that I could never ever ever wear fur. But these days, I don't know ... maybe I'm getting over my trauma? I found a financially viable fur piece at Neimans: a fox fur collar for $180. Looks so snug and cozy ... I could spring for a $200+ Missoni scarf to keep me warm OR get real fox fur for much less. IF I can get the image of those poor little critters strung up ... crap, I'm still traumatized. I'm gonna need therapy to get through this, and I don't think retail therapy counts! PS: If I had more money and less of a conscience, I'd love to have this reversible shearling coat by The Row at Barneys for $3750. Those damn Olsens think of everything!

PPS: My boyfriend just offered to buy me the fur collar so maybe I will go for it! However he has had 5 Long Island iced teas, a mojito, gin & tonic, two beers and God knows what else all while jet-lagged so I'll check again when he's sane tomorrow ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no, he was sane when you asked... DUI means jail... SUI (shopping under the influence) means new fox collar for you! :-)

celine said...

I like that! I shall quote you when the box arrives ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...