Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cashmere Rocks

After a week of delicious sunshine and perfectly crisp temps, we had a chilly weekend so I finally succumbed and bought the black version of this cashmere wrap from Club Monaco:

Club Monaco currently has this promo that runs until tomorrow, October 20, wherein they give you back $50 when you purchase merch worth over $150 (Go. Now. You won't regret it.). This beige wrap costs $239 but the black and grey versions are just $179. I thought the $50 off deal was a sign, so I took the plunge and am sooooo glad I did.

I wore my cash wrap for a night out at the Gansevoort Hotel rooftop and it was wonderful. It kept me warm enough when we ventured out into the open area for some air and a good chat. It also withstood an idiotic drunk chick spilling an appletini on it. I was livid and quickly sopped up the mess with napkins. Thankfully cashmere is not highly absorbent so the liquid just sort of chilled on the surface til I wiped it up and there was no trace of it later on.

So I am smug, snug and loving my wrap! Chill-proof and drunk-chick-proof. What more can I ask for?

UPDATE: The downside to being wrapped in this plush cashmere is that it's making me want to take a nap right at my desk ...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUPER NICE! Kaasar ka :)

I MISS YOU! Kelan kaya ako makakaNY? :)

celine said...

Kelan nga ba? Bilis na, I know you're making looooads of money there so stop spending it on bags and spend it on a ticket to NY! You'll stay with me and not spend on a hotel. So come already!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dang! I did not read this until October 21st... and there's a Club Monaco so close to me, too!

Enjoy the wrap! Whenever I wear cashmere and I get that snug cozy feeling, I think, "This must be what being a baby rabbit bundled up with Mama Rabbit feels like!"

celine said...

Awww that's the perfect description of the coziness of cashmere!

Don't worry, I'm sure the cashmere will be marked down in about a month anyway. I just couldn't wait cos it's gotten so cold!

Anonymous said...

i love your blog so much celine!

Anonymous said...

This place has some great cashmere stuff...

http://www.pashminainternational.com

celine said...

I love you Maureen!!

And thanks for the tip John!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...