Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Like a Rockstar

Last night I headed down to the LES to watch my friend Paul and his band play a gig at Nublu. It was such an awesome moment since we used to drop in at Nublu to see other awesome bands perform. To be in there watching him play this time was surreal. Congratulations Paul!

The thought that I was going to go see a band that night somehow influenced my shopping choices for the day, I think. I was out with Manila Fashion Observer's Tin yesterday and we hit up H&M and Old Navy to stock up on basics like plain cotton tees and tanks. (We also saw some amazing exhibitions the Fashion Institute of Technology's Museum. More on that later.) I snagged a pretty cool knit hat at the men's section in H&M for about $12. So happy to have found a structured knit cap which does not make me look like Strawberry Shortcake (a constant problem). Why do the guys always have better stuff?
I apologize for the hastily taken picture. I am still using my iPhone, and really need to invest in a camera with a self-timer to take proper pictures of myself.

On my way home, I stopped by Urban Outfitters on the UES. I'm in love with the sheer white v-neck tee that I got there, but couldn't find other desirable colors in my size. I thought I would come out unscathed but I stopped at a bowl full of rings and found this:

It was a good compromise to the Elizabeth & James ring that I've been wanting (below). My new ring doesn't have the same raw, organic feel which makes E&J's hammered gold bronze ring über cool. The Urban Outfitters ring does have the rocker chic vibe that I'm looking for though. $16 versus E&J's $125? I'd definitely take the cheap chic version for now ...
PS: I realized that if I lived in the LES, I'd have rubber/leather leggings by now. If Paul's band keeps booking these sick gigs, I will have to get a pair.

5 comments:

cd_mfo said...

Cel! Are we gonna succumb to rubber leggings?! What do you think? What do you think? Hahaha!

cd_mfo said...

I super had fun yesterday and we have to do this more often! Although I think we are a dangerous combination! Haha!

As for the leggings, I'll jump if you jump! So let me know!! (Obviously, I still can't stop thinking about it haha)

celine said...

Omigod it was super fun! But yeah, I think when we're having "tipid times" we shouldn't shop together because no one slams on the brakes!

Tin I'm THISCLOSE to jumping, pero I really don't want to spend THAT much ... I'll review options and let you know! Heehee

Anonymous said...

Cel you are rocking that hat girl!

celine said...

I love ya Sonu :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...