Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Discount Alert!

I haven't seen a decrease in shopping as an effect of the economic downturn, but maybe that's because the tourists inundating NY stores camouflage the ailing economy. I was in stores all weekend, and there seemed to be no shortage of women trying on Louboutins and Marc Jacobs bags. But I'm sure retailers are feeling the crunch because there's been an inordinate amount of sale and discount notices popping up in my inbox.

As my own contribution to encourage people to "do the patriotic thing" and shop, I thought I'd start posting discount lists on the blog. I'm regulating my own spending to save up for a Europe trip, but far be it for me to deny my lovely friends. Here's what you can save on today:

Saks has a Spend Some, Get Some online promo going on until October 23. You get a gift card back depending on the amount spent. If you were to get the sumptuous Zagliani python clutch below for instance, you would receive a $100 gift card for spending $1600. Just type OCTOBER8 at checkout.

At Bluefly, shop like a Gossip Girl and get 15% off. Bluefly has grouped together pieces inspired by S's luxe boho style and B's prep princess look. I don't know if I agree with their picks, but the promo's a great way to get the price on this awesome Bulga bag further down from its already low $446.25 price.


Bebe has merch at up to 50% off! Now I'm not typically a Bebe shopper but every now and then I find flashes of brilliance in their merchandising. I am of the mind that their stuff is a tad overpriced, but when on sale, why not? I'm liking this little flowered silk skirt now priced at $52.19 (It used to be $98.00—can you believe that?). I wasn't much into floral stuff last Spring but they somehow seem so fresh now. This skirt with chunky grey tights and Ann Demeulemeester-esque boots would look hot.

Chloé via Billion Dollar Babes! You need a print out of the Billion Dollar Babes invite for this one, so methinks you'll have to sign up to get it. From Thursday, October 23 to Saturday, October 25, the Chloé boutique on Madison Ave. is taking 25% off everything except Paraty bags, fragrances and sunglasses. Since Paraty bags are excluded and I can't shop anyway, I hope someone reading this will end up with a gorgeous Bay bag or something equally fab!

Shopbop for one day only! Take 20% off any purchase using the code TREATS2008. If you've been waiting to get your hands on something awesome like this Mike & Chris leather jacket, the price goes from $902 to $721.60 today! You've got til 11:59PM darlings.

That's it for today. More to come, I'm sure, unless Dubai starts an adopt-an-American-shopper program ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...