Monday, November 24, 2008

Also known as: a few good deals

AKA New York had somehow escaped my radar in the last 4 years, despite the not-exactly-low-pro women behind it: former ELLE Editors Abigale Levinson, Karen Reinitz and Ana Maria Pimentel. Personally, I'm a fan of Ana Maria Pimentel, who's currently the accessories director for Harper's Bazaar. I always love her picks and the accessories pages make my heart leap every time!

Which leads me to my approval of their collective choices in the line. Incidentally (or not, since this blog is called The Chiconomist), some gorgeous AKA New York pieces are currently on sale at Net-a-porter. I love these two pieces below because they somehow achieve the feel of vintage whilst still being very of-the-moment. I love the delicate detailing: the crochet collar, the jaunty bow. And I love how the details are imposed on colors and finishes that feel modern.

Crochet collar dress ($192 from $320), liquid lamé blouse ($210 from $350)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...