Monday, January 19, 2009

Beat the Blues

So apparently today, Monday, 19 January 2009 is the most depressing day in history. Good lord, HISTORY? People are always slightly depressed at this time of the year because the holidays are over, the weather is shite, and the credit card bills have arrived. This year, it is extra depressing because of the financial crisis and the many job losses hitting countries around the globe.

I am grateful that I find myself quite happy on this so-called Blue Monday. I have been hit with many problems over the last couple of years but things started looking up in 2008 and I am blessed to be in a good place right now.

In any case, I'm gonna try to put a little fashion spin on Blue Monday. The gorgeous J. Crew Victoria lace blouse has been making me sad for months now because it is so beautiful but I can't bear to part with $88 for it.

So I was pretty thrilled when I found this cheapo version at Forever 21 last week:

At $22.80, there's nothing depressing about this top's pricetag. Just a little retail therapy to brighten up your Blue Monday.

3 comments:

Chloe said...

Very pretty! And nice!

It's been a blue monday for me, mostly because I have two very sick chihuahuas that keep projectile vomiting all over the place. Blargh!

Anonymous said...

That top is a winner dude! :) I'm totally bringing out my tyler version - the one thing that hasn't gotten old in 3 years!!! :)

Dooood. Which email do you use? I'm finally going to email youuuuu!

STOP SHOPPING! Cause I know I can't! Hahahahahahahaha. Huhuhuhuhuhuuh. :P

celine said...

Chloe - awww so sad to hear that. Projectile vomit makes for a Blue (or, um Green??) Monday indeed. Hope your babies are better today.

Jacqui - it's celine.novenario@gmail.com

You mean Tyler made a shirt like this before pa? Tyler rocks. I miss Tyler ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...