Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Justice is beautiful

A lot of people have heard by now that retailers like Bloomies, Macy's, Bergdorfs and Saks started giving away cosmetics today as part of a class-action settlement charging that the retailers had colluded to fix prices on these products. You can read about it on this MSNBC article. My friend Roma, god bless her soul, emailed the article to me with a note telling me to "Go there, it's worth it." So after work today, I popped into Bloomie's and found myself in a rather intimidatingly long line on 60th and Lexington. Thank god the line moved very quickly. I was given a short list of products from Clinique, Clarins, Lancome, L'Oreal, Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, Guerlain and Coty to pick from. In no time at all, I was walking out with a 30ml jar of Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief moisturizer. Very cool. To those brilliant people who filed this lawsuit, a big and beautiful THANK YOU.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, no canadian retailers on that list....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...