Friday, January 09, 2009

Red

I hate it when I get silly ideas into my head. Like, "I really need a short red wool coat." Where did that come from? How did I start feeling that I need one? Those are the dangerous shopping compulsions, you know. When I start thinking that something would make my wardrobe SO much better, I'm screwed.

I saw a cute Jessica Simpson coat (yes, I said Jessica Simpson) on the Macy's website that's now going for $119.25 from its regular price of $240. But according to reviews, it's not very warm and with the freezing temps in New York, I'm not shelling out dough for something that's cute but not necessarily functional.

I think I quite like the J. Crew classic peacoat though. It's timeless and very warm, since you can order it to have thermal insulation sewn in. It's not quite as cheap at $189.99 but I think it's worth it (plus, the original price was $225). Unfortunately for me, there are no more red coats my size with thinsulate. I'll have to order one without. But my friend Ludette tells me that J.Crew wool coats are SO warm, so that might work out just fine.

We'll see if I'll buckle ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to worry- J. Crew sample sale coming up:
http://clothingline.com/jcrew_details.php

-Aggie

celine said...

OMG thanks for the tip Aggie!!!!!!! I hope I hope I hope I find something!

Anonymous said...

Sign up for their email list. They have the best sample sales. Got Tory Burch flats at more than 50% off last time!
-Aggie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...