Friday, June 26, 2009

etsy love: green eyed girl shop

I've been toying with the idea of going back to making the bib necklaces I once sold in Manila. Even did a trip to the garment district and actually picked up my beading needle last night. We'll see ... In any case, I thought I'd check out Etsy and see what I'm up against these days. I found these very adorable vintage collars at Green Eyed Girl Shop that have been given a new life as necklaces.


How beautiful are they? The collars are vintage, as I said, and the faux pearls are all painstakingly handsewn. The pink flowers were made from fabric salvaged from vintage gloves. The blue flowers are made of vintage ribbon. Not uber cheap at $172 and $212 respectively, but totally worthy of the pricetag for all the work, thought and attention to detail that went into these necklaces.


4 comments:

Eunice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eunice said...

I love the second! Now, I wish I have an occasion where I can flaunt some wonderfully crafted jewelry. Haha. (: But those are really beautiful.

So you said you used to do something like this? Are you a jewelry artist based in NY now? If yes, that's amazing!

--somehow i accidentally deleted my first comment.

Kelly Shon said...

Oh like both...I wish I had more parties to wear those.

celine said...

Eunice - I used to make necklaces when I was still based in Manila, but haven't done it since I moved to NY. Now that life is calming down a bit here, thinking of picking it up again ... if only there were more hours in a day!

Kelly - I'm sure these things would totally work with a plain tee and jeans too! No need to save them for special occasions ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...