Saturday, September 19, 2009

breast cancer awareness necklace

I'm sorry that my posting has been so spotty. First reason is because I've decided to apply for graduate school for the Fall 2010 term, so I've been busy studying for the GRE, gathering up the application requirements, and looking into schools (going NYU a la Blair and Dan is high on my wishlist). Second reason is that I fell ill Thursday night. Nothing major, just a head cold and a bit of fever, but I've put myself under house arrest because I refuse to let it get worse. But I feel way less than 100% even with my minor illness ... which made think about how incredibly difficult is must be to be really truly sick.

Breast Cancer Awareness month is coming up in October, but I've had it on my mind because this week I attended a fundraising event to raise money for colleagues who are doing the Avon Walk. When I opened my inbox today, I saw that Elizabeth & James and Shopbop are also doing their part with this special necklace:

I like how on the website, Shopbop says that they are donating $15,000 to the Breast Cancer Network of Strength, and that these necklaces are a symbol of their support. So regardless of how much money they make with this necklace, you know the charity gets their donation. I also like it that this necklace only costs $58. The pendant is rose-gold-plated and hangs on a sterling silver chain, and it's designed by Robert Lee Morris for Elizabeth & James, so it's something you'll feel good spending on. It's so pretty and also supports a good cause. I'm 100% behind this product!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Great post for a wonderful cause! It's my dream to attend NYU also! Good luck with everything! :)

celine said...

Thanks Mimi, how many years til it's time for college for you? Maybe we'll run into each other there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...