Wednesday, September 09, 2009

a plate i would marry

Today I decided that I love this dish so much that I want to have it on my wedding day and on my deathbed:I apologize for being so morbid, but really, that's how much I love this dish. I still vividly recall the gaping mouths and salivating tastebuds that the mere description of this dish induced when Mika and I first read it on the tapas menu at Bar Carrera: "Smoked salmon, mascarpone & black caviar on a toasted mini brioche, drizzled with honey." (not as sexy but equally seductive was the price tag of $6) Since that first bite, I haven't been able to swill wine at Bar Carrera without ordering this alluring little snack. It's just perfect. There's that sweet and lightly toasted brioche smeared with creamy mascarpone, then topped with smoked salmon that brings substance, lovely pliant texture, and a complimentary mild salty taste. A sprinkling of caviar adds pleasant bursts of ocean flavors into every bite, and a drizzle of honey perfectly harnesses all these tastes into a pleasantly sweet whole. It's unexpected and yet just so right. Truly, I might marry this plate if I could.

Before I do, let's just put the tipsy woman to bed, shall we? Gnight dearies!


Bar Carrera is located at 175 Second Avenue, New York, New York 10003 and 146 West Houston Street, New York, New York 10012

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...