Thursday, May 28, 2009

dessert truck


It's not fair. Dessert Truck makes indulgence way too easy. After a delicious late dinner at Yakitori Taisho with Mika, Monkey and Buddha, we were nicely satisfied and not really seeking to stuff ourselves silly. But then Buddha wondered out loud, "I wonder if the Dessert Truck is still there ... " and then there was no turning back. I've been badly wanting to try the sweets served up by former Le Cirque pastry sous-chef Jeremy Chang but I always end up too stuffed for dessert when I'm that area. Today, though, I would not be stopped (well, I also had my boyfriend with me, which meant I wouldn't have to face the guilt of devouring the entire dessert on my own).


We ordered the warm molten dark chocolate cake ($5) with olive oil ganache, hazelnuts, sea salt, and a scoop of chocolate ice cream (they ran out of vanilla, and what's so wrong about chocolate on chocolate anyway?). The dessert was phenomenal. The cake was rich and moist, and the filling wonderfully warm and oozy. The hazelnuts, which were seemingly coated with some sort of brittle, provided a wonderful crunchy contrast to the molten cake. I imagine they'd be addictive even on their own. This dessert is. Worth. Every. Calorie.


Where:
East 55th Street, just off the northeast corner at Lexington from Monday to Friday, 12 noon- 3PM
St. Mark's Place (8th St) and 3rd Avenue from Monday to Sunday, 6PM to 12 midnight

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...