Wednesday, May 13, 2009

the lure of absinthe

Oh dear sweet absinthe ... we've had some good times, haven't we? There was that night in Düsseldorf, when Sonu and I doublefisted absinthe and cocktails (I had a White Russian, she had a Singapore Sling in honor of our buddy Ben). That night ended with Sonu dropkicking a beer glass in a club and me saying, "That was a really good kick!" while getting pushed out the door by Johan and Ben, who were flabbergasted at our inane drunk antics. There was also that night at a jazz bar in Prague, when we had flaming B52 shots done with absinthe, that subsequently put Nathalie's sweater arm in flames. Hmm.

I need me some more absinthe nights ... that means you, Kathryn, and our long awaited absinthe date at Apotheke ... and you, Zoe, for that much delayed White Star night. I already know what I'm going to have: the Hemingway-inspired Champagne-and-absinthe cocktail. Or maybe I'll just get that sweet Art Nouveau contraption above and serve absinthe out of the comfort of my own home? Oh the possibilities ...

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Cheers to that! We need an Apotheke date ASAP

celine said...

Yes! When I get back from the West Coast we will get right on it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...