Wednesday, July 15, 2009

not your abuela's churros



It is totally unfair to unleash this on people who are just trying to get through the workday without binge-ing on sweets, but I had to share my misery. I love churros. In the Philippines, one of my favorite treats was to go to Dulcinea and dunk that oily mo-fo into the super thick, slightly bitter hot chocolate and just chow down. In Spain, churros con chocolate is a breakfast staple for those stumbling home in the morning after a long night of drinking and dancing. I wouldn't have dreamed of having churros any other way until I stumbled upon Xooro today. What Xooro has done is basically pimp your abuela's churros. They've coated it in all manners of things delicious: chocolate, coconut, peanuts, sprinkles and um ... maple bacon, anyone? I'm dying to try the fried yumminess but unfortunately there are only two locations and both are in California. I'm having total West Coast envy right now. Hopefully, Xooro will make like Pinkberry and sprout all over Manhattan as well!

Xooro is located at 125 Broadway, Santa Monica CA 90401 and 8360 Melrose Ave #107, WeHo CA 90069

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...