Friday, January 15, 2010

how to ... go disco

It's a funny thing being a single girl in New York. I've been living in the city for 3 years now, but was whipped into a whirlwind relationship after just one month of being here. So there were aspects of the city's nightlife that I just ignored—the club scene, particularly. Before 2010 hit, I'd gone clubbing in New York a grand total of 7 times. In just a little more than 2 weeks, I've gone twice! Which is staggering for me. But that's what happens when you decide to adopt the "Say yes to everything" policy, I guess.

So last night, a couple of other single girlfriends and I decided to go to Juliet Supper Club, a newly opened spot on the West side. The place is a total trip. It's like dancing inside a disco ball. When I was living in Germany, I developed a distaste for disco balls, probably because they were everywhere, even in the dingiest of spots. But these days, I think they're growing on me. As an ode to Juliet, I thought it would be fun to put together a little collage of disco-inspired fashion:

Clockwise from top left: Juliet Supper Club; Giuseppe Zanotti shoes at Net-a-porter; Silence & Noise dress at Urban Outfitters; Earrings at Club Monaco; Kenneth Jay Lane bracelet at The Outnet; Kenneth Jay Lane disco ball ring at Macy's; Judith Leiber disco ball bag at Net-a-porter

My favorites out of the bunch are those drool-inducing Giuseppe Zanotti shoes, of course, and that fun Judith Leiber bag. Never been one for her kitschy crystal-studded minaudieres, but this one's killer, I have to admit. And it seems that quite a few people think so too because even with it's staggering $2,495 pricetag, it's sold out in Net-a-porter!

Started my weekend a little early. I spent the entire day nursing the mother of all hangovers (note to self: it's probably not a good idea to drink red wine, vodka cran and tequila if you don't want to be completely debilitated the next day). It's only Friday night and I feel like I've been through battle. Tonight's going to be a bit more chill, just dinner and drinks at a friend's place. But tomorrow ... well that's another story!

Happy weekend to you all, and thank god it's Friday, eh?

3 comments:

Christen said...

It sounds like such a fun place to go! I'm glad you are being more open to the opportunities that come your way - I should follow suit!

Lisa D. said...

sounds fun! i love all your sparkly disco-inspired finds!

celine said...

Christen - it's a new year, we gotta just leap in and go for it! Try it, it's amazing!

TCC - everyone needs a little sparkle in their lives!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...