Tuesday, January 19, 2010

old hollywood glamour

I wanted to do a Golden Globes post but with all that rain yesterday, there weren't very many droolworthy pictures worth posting. I thought Penelope Cruz handled the umbrella situation the best; she posed with such ease that it was as if the umbrella was part of the outfit! I just love how she always exudes pure Hollywood glamour on the red carpet. One of my ultimate faves.

It's funny that I should find today's old Hollywood inspiration in an actress that, to be honest, I never really found that jaw-dropping. I see that Jessica Biel has a smoking body and ridiculously high cheekbones, but I don't know, she just didn't appeal to me. I remember when I was at that Vanity Fair shoot a few years ago, a couple of guys called me on my cell and when I casually mentioned that Jessica Biel was standing in front of me in a bathrobe, they all but fainted. But to me, she was just ... alright.

And then I saw this picture of her in the February issue of Vogue:

ILOVEIT. THAT's old Hollywood glamour. I wish actresses would be bold enough to throw on a fur for the red carpet, but alas, I guess no one wants PETA to kick up a fuss. Why must there be fashion terrorists?

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Both Penelope Cruz and Jessica Biel are beautiful, successful women. They exude confidence and work hard for everything they've accomplished. Great post! Jessica looks gorgeous in Vogue.

celine said...

She does doesn't she?!?! I wanna look like that when I grow up!

kc said...

Jessica Biel has never looked more beautiful.

celine said...

Agreed!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...