Wednesday, January 13, 2010

please pray for those affected by the earthquake in haiti

Truth be told, I am not really in the mood for a fluffy post today knowing that over a hundred UN colleagues are still unaccounted for after the devastating earthquake that hit Haiti yesterday. I don't know anyone stationed there, but it could have been any of my friends who have selflessly dedicated themselves to doing the UN's work in the most dangerous places. I too had aspirations of serving in Haiti, and it's just dumbfounding to see what happened to our colleagues there. I am just praying fervently that some good news will come soon.

In a few hours, I'll have a rather lighthearted post up that I started working on yesterday, before calamity struck. But for now, please stop and say a little prayer for those who are still trapped under the rubble in Haiti.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...