Tuesday, December 29, 2009

monday night bingo at tortilla flats

I wouldn't have come out last night if it hadn't been Kathryn's birthday. I took the red-eye back to New York from Seattle on Sunday and felt like death by the time I wandered out of work Monday evening. But I am a trooper, if nothing else, so off I went to Tortilla Flats for Tex-Mex, margaritas and Monday night Bingo. I'm so glad I went, it is SO FUN. Each person gets one Bingo board, and if someone in your table wins, your whole party gets free tequila shots. The winner also gets a Tortilla Flats t-shirt and some other trinkets but let's be honest, we're all in it for the possibility of tequila. They do Bingo night on Mondays and Tuesdays, but Kim says the Monday host is way better. He's hysterical! Trivia Night on Sundays is supposedly also a real hoot, and you get a free shot for every answer you get right.


The interiors are wildly kitschy, with every square inch festooned with Elvis memorabilia and shiny party streamers. The food is pretty good and reasonably priced. For $12.95, I gorged on two chicken enchiladas coated with salsa verde and melted cheese yumminess. The margaritas are delicious and stealthily strong. I am still recovering from my hangover as I type. While most New York establishments are slow on Mondays, Tortilla Flats is packed so reservations are highly recommended.

Can't wait for the next Bingo night!

Tortilla Flats is located at 767 Washington St. (at 12th Street), New York, NY 10014. Tel. 212-243-1053


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...