Friday, November 07, 2008

In the market

Images from New York magazine. See NY Mag's full review here.

I'd been planning and plotting to go to Market Table at the West Village, and finally got a chance when Johan stopped by NY last month. I'd had a tough day at work and needed a glass of wine and good food so badly. Market Table did not disappoint.

While perusing the menu, I caught a sumptuous whiff of truffle oil in the air and scoured the menu for the dish emanating that heavenly smell ... our waiter finally put me out of my misery and told me that today's special appetizer was risotto with shaved truffles ... MMM. I got that as my entree (Perfect portion by the way since risotto can be so heavy). We actually pretty much just ordered all the specials. The special entree was snapper so scrumptious that Johan would not quit talking about it. Oh, we started with oysters, by the way, that were so fresh and flavorful that we wiped out the dozen in no time.

The real star of the meal though was dessert. We ordered the intriguingly named polka-dot cheesecake and OHMYGOD was it good. And I don't even like cheesecake. It's polka dotted because it's a combination of cheesecake and chocolate mousse. It should be called a little piece of polka-dotted heaven.

I am not through exploring Market Table's menu. According to reviews, there's a cheeseburger and New York strip steak with my name on it there. I'd also love to explore the restaurant's market, which sells the ingredients used for their spectacular dishes. I'm gonna keep coming back for more, for sure.
Where: 54 Carmine Street, New York, NY 10014. Tel. 212.255.2100

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...