Friday, November 07, 2008

Online Obsessions

Hipster Musings turned me on to this site called Hel Looks. Me being me, it took 3 full minutes of thinking, "Wow hipsters are really tuning into Finnish fashion. They know Marimekko and IvanaHelsinki and all ... " before I realized that Hel stood for Helsinki. Ding ding ding!

I got a tad obsessed because I'm "preparing" (read: obsessing over what to pack) for a Helsinki trip in December. So I wanted to see what people there wear. I realized they all dress like people from Williamsburg. Got it.

I recently discovered Jak & Jil blog, and since seeing this picture of stylist Caroline Sieber have not been able to navigate away. I want everything she's wearing. So simple but so chic. Giant black hobo, skinny leather pants, tailored blazer.

2 comments:

Christian Bering said...

Hey Celine. Going to Helsinki? No chance of a stop-over in Copenhagen? Could be fun to catch since you're in the "neighbourhood" :-)

celine said...

Chris! We are literally stopping over at Copenhagen actually before Helsinki. We have a 5-hour layover. Is that enough time to get into the city centre and see anything??? Would be cool to catch up even for a few hours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...