Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sweat It

Yolina, a girlfriend from my Germany days, suggested I do posts on what-to-wear-to-work for those of us who are not employed by Nylon or American Apparel. Fair enough. Since I got a "Your skirt is too short" warning at the UN, I've made a bigger effort to dress appropriately. I now have a set of pencil skirts and feminine blouses that spell sexy secretary without calling for Disclosure-like situations. But these days when fall temps are making me linger under the covers, I can't be bothered with ironing my secretary ensembles. Enter the reliable sweater dress. I love them. It's the easiest way to get dressed with minimal fuss. I like the selection at Victoria's Secret.

Factoring in the 30% discount, here's the damage:
Cotton rib turtleneck dress ($33.60), merino wool boatneck dress ($55.30), puff-sleeve turtleneck dress ($41.30); cotton rib turtleneck dress ($45.50)

I like how the VS dresses are a tad more detailed that sweater dresses one might find at, say, H&M. The button details, scarf, puckered sleeves and pleating make the dresses that much more refined and make you look like you put a bit more effort, even though you just pulled it on in 2 secs.

To add to the fun, all four dresses are already discounted. AND Victoria's secret is giving an extra 30% off for any single item until Tuesday. AND if you spend $100, shipping is free in the US. Sweet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...