Wednesday, August 12, 2009

chocolate and bacon

Since seeing this picture today, I've had bacon on the brain.

Chocolate covered bacon is part of the bar chow at 675 Bar in the Meatpacking District. I recall contemplating the bacon-chocolate combo earlier this week, when I was standing in line at Whole Foods. I found myself staring at the Vosges Mo's Dark Bacon Bar. I thought it was totally weird at first but the more I thought about it, the better it sounded. I'm not averse to eating bacon with sweet maple syrup that's migrated from my pancakes. Chocolate could work. I'm also dying to try some of that Bacon Caramel Toffee. Those three words are just beautiful together.

The chocolate bacon martini thing at The Capitol Club in Seattle, however, may be just a bit much for me.


2 comments:

Michaela said...

The chocolate bacon bar is actually very good - I tried one on an adventurous streak awhile ago. It's not something I could have eaten in one sitting, but it was fun to taste test and share!

celine said...

oooooooh now I'm really tempted to try it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...