Sunday, August 30, 2009

the schoolboy blazer

It's always mildly bothered me that it's so much easier for Mika to look pulled together but still comfortable. I think about it everytime we're headed to the airport. He puts on jeans, a shirt and sneakers, and then at the last minute throws on a blazer and ta-daaa! He looks ready for an upgrade. Me? Utter confusion. Last night, it hit me. Wait, it's all about the blazer! All I have to do is get a cropped blazer and I can pull the same tactic! (Yes, I'm three years too slow on the uptake)

Tonight, as I browsed the J.Crew website, I saw this picture and now my mind is set. I must have a schoolboy blazer!


I've seen this look work tremendously well on men and really, why can't women do it too? I'd need a thin hoodie though, maybe a cashmere or merino wool one, so the silhouette doesn't get bulky. And I think I prefer a velvet version. Looks snazzy on the men, so why not for me?

Uh-oh, the shopping trigger finger's starting to itch ...

2 comments:

Christen said...

That's too funny because just last night I cut that image out of the JCrew catalog too and put it in my "must put together for myself" pile of magazine clips. I love how casual but cool it is! Such a great look - and you should absolutely get a boyfriend blazer. They are the best!

celine said...

Haha that's too funny! Great minds think alike ;-)

I know! I don't know why I'm so scared of the boyfriend blazer ... I'm sure I'll wear it nonstop once I get one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...