Sunday, August 09, 2009

my gorgeous new toy

I made a pretty big splurge last Friday. I got a pretty new toy:

Aint she a beauty? I'd been mildly obsessed with the idea of getting myself a really nice digital camera for awhile now. Last year, I scrimped and got an Exilim through Amazon and thought got a really great deal ... until the damn thing just refused to turn on a few months later. Even while I had it though, I was quite disappointed with the pictures it took and always preferred the ones from Mika's digital camera. His is a Sony point-and-shoot but it's got Carl Zeiss lenses and has just always taken kick ass pics. And he's happily used the same camera for the last 3 years while I blundered about with cheaper ones that I was never happy with. So I splurged, and yesterday I took it out for a turn in Fire Island. I don't have blog-appropriate shots to post this time, but I can say that this is THE BEST digicam I've ever owned. There are several idiot-proof modes to choose from that allow me to take great pictures without ever knowing what the words "aperture speed" even mean. Last night I was able to take great shots at sunset AND pictures on a beach that was pitch black. Needless to say, I'm very happy with my little splurge. I got a pretty good deal at J&R in Manhattan, where the Leica C-Lux 3 is selling for $459 with an additional $75 rebate. Can't wait to post way better photos on the blog!


P.S. Sorry Buddha, you gave me very sound advice about getting a Luminex (which also has a Leica lens and costs waaay less) ... but I made the mistake of asking to see the cute white Leica and once it was in my hands, I was a lost cause. There's just no going back when you've had that beauty in your hands! I am superficial. Yes, I am.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...