Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Customize It!

I'm one of those people who's seen perpetually digging in her handbag in a futile search for keys, Metrocards, checkbooks, and what have you. I always have mounds of crumpled up receipts tangled up with my iPod earphones and random pairs of chandelier earrings. Utter madness.

I realized sometime last year that I seemed to be the only person who had this problem among my co-workers. When I investigated, both ladies excitedly showed me how they kept their belongings stashed in these sleek color-coded, croc-stamped purses. (They didn't buy them together, mind you. They had ordered these custom-made bags through different sources in Manila.) I checked the label, and then it was my turn to squeal in delight! The purses were made by Buffet Bags, a line that my very good friend Nina Cruz established with her mom when we were still in school. She started out doing these amazing reversible canvas hobos and eventually moved on to more sophisticated satchels. The amazing thing with Buffet Bags is that they have a full range of different materials for you to choose from if you want a specific bag made. Check out the swatches below, for instance, that can be used to make a checkbook holder:
Pretty cool right? And the designs of their bags are really clean and classic, which I love.Of course, since the products are made in the Philippines, prices are quite good. This bag above comes to just about $18.75. Those checkbook holders? $6.25 apiece. Crazy right? I don't know if Buffet Bags ships internationally (shipping would cost more than the product, I'd imagine) but if you have family in the Philippines, ask them to bring you one of these babies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, so pretty! And you can customize the interior compartments?

celine said...

I'm not sure you can customize the interior compartments but they're all nicely lined. I gotta get me some of these next time someone goes to Manila!

Sonu said...

Well, since *you* are pretty much my family in the phillipines, I know who I'll be hitting up for one of these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...