Friday, February 20, 2009

get it cheaper : teabag rest

Since I stopped drinking coffee, I have been a faithful green tea imbiber. Mika got this bag of fantastic green tea in Japan and I have been slowly depleting our stock. While I love this wonderful tea, I'd always been befuddled with what to do with the tea bag (I'm Asian, I wouldn't throw it out after steeping just one cup!). So I was charmed like crazy when I saw this cutie on the Crate and Barrel website:

I wasn't offended by the $2.95 pricetag ... UNTIL! Last night I was doing some shopping at Kam Man Food Products in Chinatown, and I wandered into the basement area that's crammed with ceramics. What did I find but replicas of this tea bag rest in slightly pearlescent white, black, yellow and green for ONE DOLLAR. I know, it's a $1.95 difference, but that means it's practically 1/3 of the price at Crate and Barrel! For tea fanatics, it would definitely be worth the trip as Kam Man's basement is also fully stocked with a large assortment of tea, including those lovely flowering ones.

2 comments:

Bernizzya said...

Wow, you gave up coffee? :)

celine said...

I did! So I don't drink coffee anymore, and Terrie has been going to work at 9am in Singapore ... I guess we can assume that the world is gonna end soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...