Friday, February 13, 2009

The Ultimate Late Night Snack


Every now and then, I get these moments when I down a Patron shot and then think, "Oh crap. Not a good move." And then it seems like the only way I'll wake up and get through tomorrow is to fill my tummy up with some greasy food that'll soak up all that alcohol.

Today I had one of those moments, and I immediately ditched my BF and made a beeline to Yakitori Taisho. There are not too many things in this world that bring me as much joy as a plateful of yakitori and a grilled rice ball.

My favorite yakitori is the bara, otherwise known in the Philippines as liempo. It's a very thin slice of pork belly grilled until it's nice and tender. Heaven on a stick. My other favorite is the chicken gizzard. In all honesty I'm not sure what that is, but I like the gummy texture and the liver-like but milder taste. The essential part of the equation, of course, is the grilled rice ball. Toasted to a crisp outside and soft and tender on the inside, it brings me satisfaction like nothing else.

Heavily recommended for those on the verge of drunkenness like myself.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...