Saturday, February 07, 2009

Saturday in bed ...

I love lazy Saturdays. I'm determined to spend the whole weekend lazing in the apartment. God bless Blockbuster, I had the DVD of Amelie to keep me company today. What a beautiful movie! So quirky, fun, and just heartwarming. I totally fell in love with Amelie for the funny way she prodded on those around her to really live, whether it was tracking down the man whose childhood time capsule she discovered to tormenting her father with the mystery of the traveling gnome. The culmination of her own life finally beginning was just beautiful, too. What a wonderful thing to see on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

Seeing the movie did make me start itching to clean up the apartment. What a cozy and colorful apartment Amelie had! Makes me look around the mess I've allowed to accumulate around myself and feel ... ew. Ok, lazy today but definitely a good cleanup tomorrow!

2 comments:

Chloe said...

I love Amelie! It's my favorite movie and the only movie I can watch over, and over, and over again. ♥

And it doesn't ever make me feel like cleaning. It only makes me feel like learning to speak french. Hee hee.

celine said...

Ahahaha you're absolutely right Chloe. I think my apartment's just in a really sad state of disaster and it's trying to convince me to please please pleeeeease clean up already!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...