Friday, August 15, 2008

Black Pochette Showdown: MK vs. MJ

Since I'm not even close to coughing up the cash for the most "affordable" purse Chanel has to offer ...

Shiny wrinkled fabric flap bag by Chanel ($1295)


I'll have to settle for one of these two purses currently on sale online. On the left we have a Michael Kors bag in sumptuous python ringing in at $598 (discounted from $1495 at Vivre.com). On the right, a Marc Jacobs pochette in patchwork patent leather. It's $658 with an additional 40% off until August 19, bringing the total down to $394.80 (discounted from $1095 at Eluxury.com). I never thought I would say this, but I think I'm going to pick Michael Kors over Marc Jacobs, despite the higher price tag. The black python is just so much more luxurious and classy. It's something that I don't think I'll outgrow--unlike the MJ bag which is already kind of looking dated. The hardware on the MK bag is also so much more polished. The chain is so pretty I'd wear it as a necklace if it were detachable! Yes, I think the Michael Kors bag will have to do until I get the courage up to buy a bag that's almost the price same as rent ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness the Micheal Kors is so cute! I wonder why bloomies didn't have it??!

If it goes on sale in the $300 range, let me know! You are right, that bag WILL last through seasons.

Sonu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...