Monday, August 11, 2008

New Stella!

If there's anything I love more than Stella McCartney, it's affordable Stella McCartney! I became one of the happiest little girls alive a few years ago when she did her very first Stella McCartney for Adidas collection. Today, my rainy Monday blues have been brightened by the discovery that Stella's Fall collection for Adidas is out!

This adorable gold parka with puffy sleeves has brought a ray of sunshine into my otherwise gloomy day. At $400, it is a bit pricey, but I intend to stick it out until it goes on sale and goes down to a couple of hundred greenbacks. I feel like I'll have a chance because all the outerwear on sale now are small sizes. And besides, I really want this parka for Spring, when the tissue-light but waterproof Climacool fabric will be a godsend. I've resisted the parka trend all Spring and Summer long, but this one is going to make me buckle. I don't know if parkas are supposed to be in style next year, but Stella's designs have always been quite timeless. My pale pink hoodie/shrug from 2006 still looks hip today, and I reckon I'll keep it for many years to come. Parkas, whether en vogue or not, will always be useful--especially in a city like New York where commuters are at the mercy of the skies (or Manila where the only seasons are dry and soaking wet!).

To get a look at the latest Stella McCartney for Adidas collection, or to get your hands on the uber-cool SMC pieces on sale, visit shopadidas.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...