Sunday, August 24, 2008

One last Summer fling with Brights

I've been wanting to swathe my toes in sunny weather brights all summer long, but somehow couldn't figure out what color I wanted to use! I spied a chic hot pink on my friend Ludette, who was sweet enough to give me a bottle. This morning, I woke up and thought it was time to seize the day (fall being a tad in the air and certainly just around the corner) ... but for some reason, it doesn't quite look as good on my feet! Maybe it's because Ludette has tan, long, grown-up looking feet, while mine are quite pale and look like a child's. I fear I kinda look like a kid who snuck into Mum's closet and played dress up ...

So back to the drawing board ... and then, an epiphany! What about magenta? Bright enough for summer but the shades of purple segue nicely into fall. I Googled madly until I found this shade suggested by Allure.com.
Made by my all-time favorite polish co. Essie, this shade is called Bermuda Shorts and sells for $7. I LOVE IT. Now the next challenge is actually finding the shade in one of the 20 Duane Reades within a 1-mile radius ...

UPDATE: Just as I thought, it was impossible to find Bermuda Shorts! I hit up 4 Duane Reades and a couple of them were just completely wiped out of Essie polish, nevermind this particular shade. I had almost given up when the polish gods smiled down on me. At the location on Lexington Ave between E. 61st and 62nd Sts, I found the perfect polish from Essie's fall collection: Big Spender. It is a tad darker than Bermuda Shorts, and the perfect color to take my tootsies from Summer to Fall. From the first flourish on my big toe, I knew this was "the one." It's a shade that goes with everything without being painfully boring. And it just takes one coat to deliver a rich pop of color. A top coat is necessary, however, to bring a bit of shine and for the color to last. Nothing makes me happier than a successful shopping expedition!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...