Monday, August 18, 2008

Fave New and Shiny Toy for the Day: Tastebook.com

I have a new toy!

After chowing and boozing down my entire salary a few weeks ago, I realized that maybe I should make a real effort to cook and eat more at home. My ever reliable recipes are quite limited though, and even I am getting tired of my oft-referred to "crack spaghetti sauce" (it's that good, I swear!). So on my downtime, I troll the Internet for quick and easy recipes to fill up my tummy on weeknights. But it's been a little annoying to try to keep recipes from various sources together for easy use. I cut and paste most of them onto Word files, but it is a little demotivating to read from these sad looking pages.

Well today I found the answer to my conundrum! Tastebook is a web service that allows you to collate your favorite recipes onto an online recipe book. It's super adorable! You can pick a cover, put in your own title, and all that fun stuff. Best of all, you have the option of having your recipe book printed for just $19.95! I think that it is a great way for mothers to pass on recipes to their kids, for friends to share each other's no-fail dishes. And it would make such a great gift! Most of all, it satisfies severely OCD people like me with the beautiful formats and tabs. Can't wait to fill up my book and have it on my kitchen countertop!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...