Monday, August 25, 2008

Lovin Grays

As Fall slowly starts rolling in, so do the requisite grays in our wardrobes. At a forecasting class in Fashion Institute of Technology our professor told us to expect gray to be a constant in collections for the next few years. The fashion world, usually seemingly out of touch with reality, is feeling the same uncertainty the rest of the world is. We don't know what's going to happen next with the economy or world peace. Thus the grays. Gray is a metaphor for being neither here nor there. Somewhere in between black and white.

But enough serious talk. All I really wanted to do was share some really cool gray tees I found on the Victoria's Secret site. I love 'em, but I don't understand why they're so pricey! Call me cheap (I am) but I don't understand why a ribbed shirt should ever cost more than $20--maybe $35 tops! I have a great silk blouse from VS that I got for about $45. THAT I understand. It's silk. But cotton? Freakin cotton? Uh-uh.

That said I might make an exception for this shirt below because it is so darn adorable! This gray ribbed & ruffled tunic is priced at $68, but it is so cute I might get it anyway. I'll get it maybe 1 or 2 sizes bigger so I can wear it as a dress instead of a top. With black tights and little booties, it would look so cute! And a $68 dress sounds way more reasonable than a $68 tee, no?

This ruched cardigan tee has a more pocket friendly price at $32. It's really cute! (Try not to let the heart print scarf or the ginormous boobies distract you) I love the ruching on the bottom because I hate frumpy looking cardies. I somehow look really, well, lumpy when I wear a cardie over a slinky top. So maybe the solution is to just not wear anything underneath. Thus, the cardie tee rocks. This last top is just classy, I think. It is a jersey knit with pleated details around the neckline. It's priced at $48, which is a bit easier to swallow because of the details and fabric used. I love how it looks so comfortable but put together, as well. This would look great with one of my pencil skirts for work, but look equally slouchy cool with a pair of shorts or skinny black jeans (or do I have to go back to bells now? Is that what the jean gods have decreed? That's another story.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...