Sunday, August 24, 2008

How to be Sexy Squeaky Clean

12 midnight on a Saturday night and where was I? On my hands and knees brushing the grout in my shower with a toothbrush. Not the sexiest thing to do on a Saturday but that's what happens when OCD strikes without warning ...


But if I must be stuck scrubbing grout on a Saturday night, there's comfort in the fact that cleaning products are looking sexier by the day. Everytime I'm faced with a major cleaning sitch, I deal by buying a sexy lil something that'll make me feel better about getting down and dirty. The last time my drain got clogged, I hunted down pink Casabella cleaning gloves (not too easy when you have hands the size of an 11-year-old's). When my bathroom last got a tad too mildew-ey, I got me a bottle of Method Tub n' Tile cleaner plus flushable wipes (the flushable wipes are amazing). I love Method products and hope to completely switch over to them by next year. They're priced about a dollar more than regular products but are perhaps the only cleaning prods around that are both environment- and style-friendly. I love the packaging, first and foremost, but I also totally adore the scents they use: french vanilla, ylang ylang, grapefruit, ginger yuzu ... mmm mmm mmm! Plus it's nice to use products that aren't killing you slowly with their fumes ...

All that love professed, I'm still having a hard time getting weaned off the granny panties equivalent of cleaning prods: my boring but oh-so-reliable Tilex. Sigh. Somehow, Method's ylang ylang scented shower spray does not do it for me the way Tilex's bleached clean scent does. It's not easy being sexy ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...