Friday, August 29, 2008

Bootie Call

After 2 years of wearing knee high boots, I think I'm over them. All I want to wear this fall are booties! It was a bit hard finding the perfect one, though. Too many booties look like they belong on an elf or in a Victorian time-warp. I want booties that are modern, detailed and chic, and it took several clicks to find them! The ultimate covetable booties (which I cannot afford and will never own) are these Christian Louboutin, which retail for $1195. I love the higher boot, and the buckle details are to die. They look both chica and bad-ass. Let's pause for a moment of silence and reflect on its sheer gorgeousness ...

If someone could knock that off, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

On the more realistic level, I found these Ash "Ursula" booties on the Bloomies site. Again, I like how it's a bit higher and hugs the ankle—added support is great when walking Manhattan's streets! The details give it character: the buttons, that fold, and versatile taupe color. The $229 price tag is not bad either!Another cute and extremely cheap option are these booties by Abaete for Payless. At $45, it's almost a crime not to buy them. Abaete turned out a fabulous high boot for Payless last year that had Conde Nast editors hoarding. This pleated little "bootine" is another bootie-licious steal!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...