Friday, August 15, 2008

On the Hunt for a Point-and-Shoot

I've been digicam-free since New Year's Eve, when I tragically discovered that I had broken the LCD of my Canon a few hours before the clock struck 12. It's not so bad when I'm around the Filipino crew because everyone seems to carry a camera and take 5 pictures per minute. But the kodakan gene runs in the Filipino blood, and I am now starting to feel that I MUST get a new one! My Belgian friend Celine has an adorable gold and black digicam that I tried in vain to find a replica of. Tough luck. That exact combo is now non-existent, it seems, so I will have to settle for gold with silver details. My choices so far from the B&H website:


Nikon Coolpix S210 with 8 megapixels, 3x optical zoom for $159.95


Canon Powershot SD1100, also 8 megapixels and 3x optical zoom for $209.95


Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W150, 8.1 megapixels, 5x zoom wide angle Carl Zeiss lens at $249.99

The Nikon is the most economical and aesthetically pleasing choice. I love that it is a skinny b*tch, and the reviews on it are good. The Canon isn't as pretty as the other two, but I've always liked pictures taken on a Canon camera. I had a Cyber-shot for a long time and would sadly look at the much more vibrant pics taken by Canons. BUT I think that this particular Cyber-shot is in a league of it's own. First of all, it's rocking Carl Zeiss lenses! And according to reviews, this little baby can take good pictures of fireworks, which really got my attention because too many cool fireworks displays have passed me by as I helplessly tried to capture them on my camera, to no avail. However, the Cyber-shot is $100 more expensive than the adorable Nikon ... I'm so torn between the two. Do I pick style over substance? What to do? What to do?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...