Thursday, August 14, 2008

The New IKEA Catalog is out!

It's a happy happy day when a new IKEA catalog comes out! I spent my lunch hour poring over the 2009 catalog, which is now available online.

I get such pleasure from just looking at the amazing layouts in the catalog. It always motivates me to start cleaning up my act, and gives me hope that maybe I too can have a fabulously decorated apartment without having to apply for a loan.

Some things I want from the 2009 catalog:

This gorgeous Le Creuset-esque cast iron pot to finally make this recipe for braised short ribs that I've been holding on to. I was browsing for Le Creuset french ovens (below, right) last night, and got so enamored that I began justifying the $124.99 pricetag. I'd never need to buy another pot for the rest of my life since they're so darn indestructible! Plus I won't have to worry about storage because they're so darn pretty that I can just display them. This morning, I was a bit more lucid and started checking out Martha Stewart cast-iron pots from Macy's (below, left) , which are verrrry similar to Le Creuset plus are currently on sale for $59.99. Then I ran into IKEA's version, the Senior casserole (above), which just knocks out the competition at $39.99! I still want the Le Creuset but maybe I'll wait until I have more kitchen space (and maybe a family to feed?) before getting one. The thing is, Martha is totally tempting me with that cheery red color. If IKEA doesn't have it in red, I may have to go for Martha. I can already imagine having matching salt and pepper mills, and maybe a colander. Too cute!

I've also been dying for a smaller and thinner dining table because the apartment is soooo tiny and the furniture that's already in it is massive! My apartment came furnished but hopefully my landlord won't mind my changing the dining table since he knows it's falling apart. IKEA has so many great space-saving solutions. They have a bunch of drop-leaf tables that take up very little space but can be extended to seat larger parties. My favorites:



I love the little storage compartments on the Norden gateleg table. But it looks like it's about the same size as my current table, so I probably won't go with this one. Plus I'm not too keen on the birch color. The Bjursta dining table may be the winner, I think. It's nice and narrow, and comes in a sleek brown-black color. Check out how it morphs:


Love it! Now all I need are a couple of stools that can be tucked under the table when not in use ... I really like the Nordmyra stools photographed with the Norden table, because those can even be stacked. But again, I want it in a darker color ... do I dare start painting? Maybe not. In any case, I am happy that I've found some of the things I've been looking for. Me love you long time IKEA ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...