Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Goin' Lomo

I have loooong been intrigued by Lomo cameras, but am still quite intimidated about buying one. I'm no photographer after all and have zero understanding of apertures and all that fancy stuff. But the über hipster Urban Outfitters website got me thinking when I viewed the entries for its Urban Nomad Lomo Contest. I love taking pictures as much as the next chinky eyed Asian, but it gets a little tiring to look at the same faces with now very practiced Facebook-ready angles just pretty much cut and pasted onto various settings. So ... I'm thinking maybe I should go Lomo?

I'm infinitely intimidated by the idea still though ... I truly have no idea what I'm getting myself into. I just think Lomo pics look cool, that's about it ...

Oh and of course, I know that I wanna Lomo because I found a Lomo cam on Amazon in the color scheme I've been dying for:

So yeah, the idea is to use that pile of gold fabulousness to take pictures like this:


Ideally. I wonder if I'll manage. I think I'll take the leap and do it while there's still gorgeous NYC summer light and fun stuff to take pictures of. If it flops, well at least I only spent $29.95. And there's still my trusty iPhone ...
To find affordable lomo cams visit Amazon.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...