Sunday, August 24, 2008

Introducing: Glam God

So I just finished watching the first episode of Glam God, VH1's newest reality show. It is the most straighforward one yet--no bisexuals, midgets, strippers and such (but a drag queen, yes, they have do one). There are 12 stylists vying to be the ultimate Glam God to the stars. Something like that. As long as it doesn't get in the way of my Gossip Girl sessions, I can totally watch it. I have a lot of respect for stylists. It takes someone with a strong and cohesive point of view but also some daring to throw in that exciting little touch that takes an outfit to a whole other level. In my past life, I was a fashion editor, but I never considered myself a stylist. I just don't have that kinda talent!


So the show looks like it could be interesting. There are some real characters in there, like this Hawaiian kid Indashio who came in wearing grills and going, "Yo, yo, yo!" endlessly to the other contestants--including, quite hilariously, the lone brotha Christopher Manor who fancies being posh and looked like he wanted to reply with, "I beg your pardon?" Then there's this guy with an accent (possibly Brazilian?) Handry, who in one of the episodes collapses into tears and talks about how he once just had $10 in his pocket and instead of buying food, he bought fabric. Strange but endearing. Oh and Handry loves saying, "Ferosh", which I guess means he reads Bryanboy.com a lot (um, I do too, obviously). My only question is ... why in freakin' Martin Margiela hell is Vivica Fox the host?!?! What does she have to do with hot celebrity style? I understand that they don't have much of a budget yet but getting Nicole Richie to host could not be that much more money, could it? If this takes off, they better make it up by getting Posh to host. Unless they already hit the official reality show British accent quota. They have that British US Weekly editor already, and you know you can't have more than one person with a British accent on a reality show ... unless you're the Osbournes, that is ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...