Monday, August 25, 2008

Goin low low low low ...

Was never that into the Olsens, but lil MK got me into a Googling frenzy when I saw this old pic:

I love the chic simplicity of it all. I've never seen a white v-neck tee look so glam! I'd love to be out in a posh event reveling in the utter comfort of a plain white tee a la MK. Anyhoo, that pic sent me on Google overdrive to find a low low low low V-neck tee.
I first stumbled on what I feel is a ridiculously overpriced tee. The Lna deep v-neck tee, seen here on The Hills' LC, costs a whopping $59 (at Eluxury.com). Fifty-nine freakin dollars for a plain white tee??? I think that's a little silly. White tees, after all, have a short lifespan. They'll turn yellow or fall apart from constant washing, no matter what. So it's kinda silly I think to spend that much money ...


The Butterface on this pic is wearing the Unisex sheer jersey deep V-neck by American Apparel (I had to cut her head off cos her "me-love-you-long-time" expression was freakin me out). I like the use of sheer jersey, the scandalously low V, plus the fact that the shirt comes in a $52 3-pack.


On the supah low end, Old Navy sells its Perfect Fit V-necks for $6 each (when you buy 2). I have the long sleeved version and use it all the time so I'd spring for this tee even without seeing lil miss MK.

In this round-up, American Apparel wins out. It approximates the bastos superlow plunge I am looking for (not that people say bastos things when you have mosquito bites for boobies, but I can dream).

UPDATE: I got my bastos shirt! I got it in black though so I still want a white one. I found it at Express for $10! I wore it last night with a mini and a long gold chain necklace with a pendant. A necklace with a weighty pendant, I realized, is essential to this look because it is what keeps the V-neck in place so that I don't show off my bra every 10 seconds. The V on my shirt was actually a tad lower than on this photo (does not having boobs have anything to do with that?). I still want a white one ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...