Sunday, August 24, 2008

Got the blues ...

Since I laid eyes on Micheal Kors' blue python envelope clutch (and subsequently failed to buy it thinking I could get further discounts at Vivre.com ... Sigh ...), I've been wanting a clutch in this color. Well thank God, I apparently wasn't the only one because there are quite a few beautiful blue clutches to choose from this season. At Vivre.com, there is a gor-geous blue python bag by Korean designer Sang-A (above, top). The price, however, is a staggering $1,675.00 (insert jaw drop here). So however gorgeous it may be, that's waaaaay out of my league. Now Club Monaco has a pretty gorge version too (above, center), but prices it at $139, which I still feel is too much. Club Monaco, c'mon now, who do you think you are? But it gets better! Forever 21 has it's own version for the ridiculously low price of $18.80 (above, bottom). This picture doesn't do it justice because when I saw my friend Tanya carrying it, I thought it was the Club Monaco one. It's really cute!

I'm in a quandary on whether to go with quality or price ... To resolve it, I'll have to go to Club Monaco and check out if their version is genuine leather, at least. If it's synthetic (which Forever 21's definitely is), then duh, of course I'll take el cheapo. But if it's leather ... hmm ... factors like staying power will have to be discussed. A navy clutch though, is an evergreen fashion item, I think. It goes with jeans, which people never stop wearing. So it's definitely worth buying one. But buying a pricey one? Seriously, the last Club Monaco clutch I bought (just two months ago) was only $80--how'd it go up to $139?! Needs further thought ...

UPDATE: OMG found another cuuuute bag on the Forever 21 website that further complicates things. Although because of its size, I suppose it doesn't really fall into the same category as the clutches ... Anyway, its got very Chanel-esque quilting and a chain strap, and its size is considerable at 11 in. by 17 in. And it's only $32.80! Fun fun fun ...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...