Sunday, April 05, 2009

rush hour burger bar

"It's food for people man! You drunk, we deliver! You ring, we bring! We're your 1 stop munchies cure! Free late night deliveries."



Sorry to my sweetie for having to post a pic of him annihilating this burger from Rush Hour. I don't even remember having taken a bite of this burger so obviously I didn't have the presence of mind to take a food pic last night. I was pretty incapacitated by those sneaky lychee martinis at Verlaine. What I do remember is walking over to El Castillo de Jagua for a cubano, and the guy literally shutting the door in our face. M*therf***er. I was very upset. So we walked down Ludlow and chanced upon Rush Hour, which is on a mission to feed the hungry and drunk (or in some state of munchie-seeking) late at night. I recall prodding the sweetie to have the French burger ($5.95), which is spruced up with caramelized onions and goat cheese. Again, I don't recall what it tastes like but I can't imagine that a burger with those two ingredients could be anything less than good. Just thought I'd share this late night joint with y'all in case you're ever walking around the LES wondering where to get a late bite after getting your ass kicked by some lychee martinis.

P.S. There's apparently a picture of an inebriated Ben Affleck devouring a burger on their counter. I wish I could say I saw it, but no such luck.

Where: 134 Ludlow Street between Rivington and Stanton

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...