Friday, March 13, 2009

Balmain-esque

Like most other fashion enthusiasts, I've been hunting for the perfect Balmain-esque sandals to wear this summer. The best version is the one from Zara, but I never saw the damn thing in the store, only on their displays.

In any case, heels aren't really recommended for New Yorkers, especially in these tough times when we should walk as much as possible and refrain from pricey cab rides. I think I'd rather get this pair from Steve Madden, which comes in a neutral tone, has a more boho feel, and is flat, flat, flat. I'm thinking I should hold out til the price goes down a little bit (especially since I can't even wear it yet til maybe 2 months from now) but I'm scared they'll run out of my size. Besides, Steve Madden is offering free shipping now on all orders! Decisions, decisions ...

By the way, did you know that Kate Moss, Bar Rafaeli, Heidi Klum and Lindsey Lohan all have these Steve Madden sandals too? What, they couldn't afford the real Balmains? Hmm. Hollywood isn't immune to knockoffs like us regular folks apparently!

7 comments:

Sonu said...

Hey Bella - I wonder if the Zara ones come from Aldo...they've got 2 knockoff styles, I think both have heels though.....you might want to check it out! If you end up purchasing from Aldo, sign up for their email and you get a 10% off coupon or online discount code :-))

I ordered a pair of white pumps that are Louboutin Insectika knockoffs :-) (style name FalCrolc)

OPENHOUSE GALLERY said...

Hey--I love your blog and I wanted to contact you regarding an upcoming sample sale being held at Openhouse Gallery in New York from March 26th until April 5th. We will be featuring SOS Fashions. For more information please email me or visit our blog. Thanks!

Chloe said...

I'm still lusting after the ones with heels. I wish I had a Zara around me! I was eyeing the ALDO knock offs, but ALDO's shoes are so hurty (and in my opinion, too expensive for what they are). I'm hoping Go Jane will get a knock off soon, or something.

I do like the flat ones, though, and as soon as I get a chance to see them in person I might have to bite. :D

celine said...

Sonu - I've seen the Aldo ones, they're definitely different from the Zara ones but also a good version. They're heels though and really not practical for me ...

Openhouse Gallery - thanks for the comment and what an amazing space you have! Could you give me more info on SOS Fashions?

Chloe - I did not know about Go Jane til you mentioned it! Are their shoes comfy?

celine said...

PS: Sonu they totally are knockoffs of those gorg Louboutin Maryjanes!!! Tell me if they're comfy!

Anonymous said...

I found the knockoffs of the knockoffs! alloy!:
http://store.alloy.com/item.do?categoryID=617&itemID=49719&sizeFilter=&colorFilter=&brandFilter=

not liking the brown though, cream would be for me :)

preppy said...

I found the best knock-offs ever, now if I only had $300 lying around..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=270405717521

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...