Friday, March 13, 2009

shoppaholic yogi

The problem with getting into a new hobby is that it necessitates spending on a new wardrobe for said hobby. I'm really starting to get into Bikram yoga and who woulda thunk that this practice that requires a mat and some itty bitty clothes to sweat in would get me shopping so much?

Well, first of all, I had to buy my own mat because I really don't want to use a communal one for all eternity. And having already experienced the annoyance of lugging around a mat in the city, I realized that I needed a proper bag for it. I found this great bag which comes with a mat on Amazon for just $39.95 plus shipping. Haven't gotten it yet but am super stoked for it!


I also ordered a number of sports bras and a pair of shorts because I think two of them date back to my college years. Gross, I know. But no need to tell you all about the sports bras. Suffice it to say that Amazon has great deals too.

Now on to the things-I-covet-but-don't-necessarily-need-BUT-can-justify-buying-because-of- yoga.

I'm a designer-collaboration lover so I am dying over these ankle brace sandals by Alexander McQueen. Fortunately for my bank account, I don't really know where I can buy them so I'll just want them from afar. But wouldn't it be great to slip into these after a yoga class in the summer?

And did you know that Adidas has an Outlet section on its website? I feel like a wee bit of a tard not knowing that. Here I found this very cool Stella McCartney for Adidas jacket. It's still pretty pricey at $225, discounted from $300, so I am just loving it from afar. I have a great Stella for Adidas hoodie/shrug that I bought eons ago and still use. That will have to do until I find out that I DO have a trustfund (Likelihood: zero).

So I guess I'm doing an okay job. I've bought the necessities and talked myself out of the little yoga luxuries. Just don't anybody try to get me into another potentially chic sport, like tennis. Please. Don't do it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...