Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm kinda impressed, LC ... but not THAT much

I've always thought Lauren Conrad dresses were kinda cute, but no way in hell was I ever gonna pay over $200 for dresses so basic. I guess a lot of girls felt the same way because when Hautelook did a Lauren Conrad sample sale today, most of the cute dresses were on hold or sold out before the clock hit 12:30pm (fyi for non-members, Hautelook and most other sample sale websites open up their "shops" at 12 noon). At $40, of course these dresses are totally worth it. I'd buy them if they were regularly priced in the $75-$90 range. But $220? Hell no! I think that in these tough times, designers and pseudo designers should bring their ideas of what they think their clothes are worth back down to earth.

3 comments:

Chloe said...

I totally wanted that dress on the far right and a string of expletives came flying out of my mouth when I realized I WAS TOO LATE.

*sobs*

God damn you, LC! GOD DAMN YOU!

celine said...

Chloe - I know how you feel! I literally got on Hautelook at 12:26 and whaddafuck?!?! Everything good was already on hold or sold out! ARGH.

Chloe said...

I know! Come on! It's Lauren Conrad, for christ's sake!

But at the same time, the prices were really good.

I missed everything from Prairie NY, too, but that's just 'cuz I wasn't paying attention. *slaps forehead*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...