Monday, March 23, 2009

Foiled Again: Alexander McQueen for Target zigzag dress

I have beef with Target today. I ordered this dress on March 4, 2009, literally on the day that the collection dropped.

The ship date was atrocious, something like first week of April, but I bought it anyway because I had been wanting this dress since I heard about the collab. After a week, I hear from my friend Sonu that she received an email from Target saying that her order for the same dress cannot be filled and so it is cancelled. I received no such email so I clung to the hope that I would get mine. But last night, the email came in with the unceremonious message:

Unfortunately, the following item is not currently availablefrom any of our sources.

"Alexander McQueen Ebony/Charcoal Zig Zag Print Dress - 1" [Apparel]

We have cancelled this item from your order.

Just like that, my hopes were dashed. What I want to know is, what kind of fuckery is this Target???

8 comments:

Sonu said...

What *I* thought exactly.....! I resorted to the kindness of strangers and ebay to get me a 3 or 5 (I figure I can take it in) for the same price and should have them arriving to me this week. If the three is indeed waaaay too tight on me, shall I send it over for you to try??

Sonu said...

P.s. I was not happy with them on the phone, my comment was: How can you have such an antiquated system that lets me order and pay for things you don't have in stock...don't you have REAL TIME reporting???....yes, the banker in me was seething with anger...argh.

celine said...

Thank heavens you gave it to them! I feel much better now!

Thanks for the offer too but I think I'll skip. I just wanted to give the collection a whirl, but if it's too complicated I can live without the dress. Probably better for my bank account too, heehee. More money for the Bikram or Vegas fund?

Sonu said...

ha ha Cool then! Yay target for carrying a cool line...BOO for not wanting our business!

Tanya said...

boooooo target. Seriuosly! I really wanted this dress too but it was out of stock in-store and online. I was kind of hoping to live vicariously through you since you were able to order it. Oh well :/

celine said...

Tanya - I know right? Well, I'll have to get Sonu to write a guest post since she was able to find the dress on EBay. She's resourceful and determined to shop, this one!

Sonu said...

ha ha, like I said, I *think* I have a trust fund but really just refuse to look at my visa....

TheMeeks said...

IS anyone still looking for this dress? I have on in a size 7 that won't zip up that awful last inch...I can't find anyone to attempt to take it out. If anyone is looking still email me:
meeks08@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...